In this article you will find:
- What is Store Credit?
- What is a Gift Card?
- What are your customer receiving?
What is Store Credit:
Store Credit is all the currency that your customers can only use at your store. You can issue and send Store Credit to your customers in a number of ways:
- As a reward through automatic WorkFlows.
- Manually Issue Store Credit for refunds, compensations etc.
- Bulk Campaigns - bulk create Store Credit codes.
- Adjust the Store Credit Balance of a customer with the Adjust Balance button on your Customers tab.
Your customers will be able to use credit just like a Gift Card. They can input the Store Credit code at the checkout or use our auto apply button.
What is a Gift Card:
A Gift Card is a product that is sold in your store and works as a payment method. It is different than Store Credit (sometimes called promotional Gift Card) in the eyes of the law.
Gift Cards are essentially cash, bought by the customer and it is bound by state rules.
Store Credit, can expire, can be applied to certain products or collections and can be bound by the rules set by the store itself.
What will your customer be receiving:
Your customers will always be getting Store Credit. The only difference is between customers with an account or without an account:
- Customers with an account - have one Loyalty Card code, where they can accumulate all of their Store Credit and apply it on checkout. If those customers will get a Gift Card from another customer, they will get another different code for the Gift Card.
- Customers without an account - will get a different code for every Store Credit issued for them (rewards, manually, bulk campaign).
Golden Tip: incentivise your customers to open an account and increase engagement and loyalty.
Do you have any other ideas? share them with us at: